mardi 10 janvier 2012

#Gabon: The Mike Joctane's case



Libreville (Gabon), Jan 2, 2012

The Mike Jocktane’s case


A lawsuit against Bishop Mike Jocktane, scheduled December 23, 2011, was postponed to January 19, 2012 at 9 am at the Courthouse in Libreville. Bishop Mike Jocktane is charged with suspicion of involvement in a banned demonstration January 29, 2011, disturbances to public order and assault and battery. However, it remains the only opposition member prosecuted for this political crime.


For over a year, he and his family are victims of severe persecution and all kinds of intimidation by the repressive forces of Ali Ben Bongo.

This political trial comes after disclosures of the Bishop Jocktane in the book by Xavier Harel, "the scandal of ill-gotten gains."


Following his revelations, Bishop Mike Jocktane is the physical, media, political and now legal target of the Gabonese government. The resume of the trial for suspicion of involvement in a banned demonstration is an example.


The Bishop intends to defend himself with honor and determination in the face of this "gabonese repressive system," as counsel for the State of Gabon, Mr. Francis NKEA, put it in his book "the right of defense in the criminal justice system in Gabon. "



The Press team


contact@mikejocktane.info



Mike Jocktane in brief


Having studied theology in the United States, I returned to Port-Gentil (Gabon's economic capital) with a strong desire to put myself in service to others, especially the poor. The highlight of my fight. I founded the organization Christ Revealed to Nations (CRN) which affects positively, since its inception, the lives of thousands of people in Gabon and in the Francophone world.


Wishing to fundamental changes in the political and economic life of Gabon, I express my need to correct social injustices increasingly large in this country. So, wanting to make it compatible with my beliefs as a Christian, I engaged myself into politics and become advisor of the late President Omar Bongo and Deputy Chief of Staff of the Presidency of the Republic.


Christian values that I was embodying did not make it easy for me when I started working at the Presidence office. But when I heard the famous speech of December 2007 of late President Omar Bongo, I realized that my presence at his side contributed to a profound change in his vision of Gabonese politics.


On the death of the latter, not wishing to break with the new address by our late President, I choose to support the candidate Andre Mba Obame, candidate at the presidential elections held on August 30, 2009.


Now with the opposition, I am looking forward to daring, being open and showing some impertinence for an innovative Gabon.


MJ


2 commentaires:

  1. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
    Acog Rco Pouch

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. You are welcome, Cynthia. Thanks for stopping by... CLG

    RépondreSupprimer